Nevada Water Conservation and Infrastructure Initiative
The Nevada Legislature has allocated $100 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) infrastructure funds to the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. To allocate the funds, the Nevada Water Conservation and Infrastructure Initiative (NWCII) was established.
The NWCII provides grant funding for the following types of projects:
- Projects eligible to apply for Nevada State Revolving Fund (SRF) funding are eligible to apply for these ARPA funds, regardless of if they apply for SRF funding or not.
- Preliminary Engineering report projects are not eligible. Projects in the research phase are not eligible.
- Projects must be ready to proceed soon after funding approval. Funding must be obligated by December 2024. Projects must be completed prior to December 2026. If funding deadlines are not met, grants will be withdrawn.
- The application process will involve completing an online application on the Nevada Infrastructure Financial System (NIFS) website. Additionally, applicants will be responsible for providing supporting documents like cost estimates, engineering, and environmental reports.
- Additional rules and guidance can be found at the Department of Treasury Rules website.
To create a NIFS Account, or access the ARPA Application using an existing NIFS Account, follow this link to access the NIFS System.
Click here if you would like to stay informed about important program updates, and follow @NevDCNR on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #ConserveNevada.
You can also contact program staff at:
Conserve Nevada Program Manager